Slipknot review by Slipknot

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Slipknot: Slipknot

Slipknot has a sound all of there own. Each member outs something great into the band. It's a very heavy cd that is up there with slayer. The band uses the metal stuff combined with effects and blues riffs over hard distortion. The front cover was created in clown's (Shawn) grandmother's garage. Also three days after they started touring for this album, Jim Root changed masks to the jester mask. This is such a hard album. My band does a few covers from it but we can never rock it as hard as they do. Amazing CD!

The lyrics are amazing. Cory Taylor has a ttue talent when it comes to writing lyrics. Not to mention the fact the he has the most horrifying scream I have ever heard in my life. He can go from singing meloticlly to screaming his little 5'1" heart out. His ideas for words are so amazing. In the song eyeless, he was walking into the recording thinking of what to put in that song and then he heard a bum say 'You can't see california without Marlen Brando's eyes'. Then that was the main line for that song. Shawn and Chris do amazing backups too. Great lyrics.

This is a no comparison album. Nothing that I have had can compare to its forocity. It just blows people way. I mean, I've playing guitar for 15 years and I'm no where near as good as Jim Root or Mick Thompson. Joey kicks ass on the drums as does shawn and chris. Paul does a f--king amazing job on the bass. Sid is sick on the turntables and 133 does a good job of filling in the holes. Amazing band, check them out!