Slipknot review by Slipknot

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Slipknot: Slipknot

The sound on this album is fresh, new and explosive. I ended up getting this (the [clean] version) last year after hearing lots of different Slipknot tracks, and I found it awsome. They combine so many new and different sound, for instance "Prosthetics" (track 10) uses alot of sounds in the background etc. that make the song really great. Coreys voice sounds great and it reallys works with this album. Jim, Mick and Paul have done great on the guitars and bass and the drumming from Joey is awsome, with help from Shawn and Chris on percussion. The Dj-ing from Sid On Eyeless and other tracks are amazing and Craig did some great Sampling.

The lyrics are great, really meaningful and they give alot of feeling. The song "Purity" was on the original album and that song is amazing, alot of feeling from Corey and the rest of the band. Corey can really sing as we can see on Wait and Bleed etc. But he can also bring fast lyrics, such as in Spit It Out and his always brilliant screams. The lyrics give you something to think about but also they are just something great to listen to.

This is probably my favourite album from Slipknot seeing as it brings the fresh new Slipknot from '99 out of your speakers. I like all of the songs but some that are probably the best are (Sic), Eyeless, Surfacing, Me Inside, Eeyore, Wait And Bleed and Spit It Out. I love this album for it's great lyrics, sound and just the overall feeling from the whole album.