Slipknot review by Slipknot

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Slipknot: Slipknot

I dont think I've ever heard anything quite like Slipknot. This band manages to mix the best of metal with screaming, angry, screaming vocals, blast beat drums, heavy guitars, and turntables? That's right, Slipknot not only shows its extremely heavy metal influences, but it's rap influences. Many of the verses of their songs on this album have verses that are rapped and screamed. In the last ten years, I don't think the music industry has heard any thing quite like Slipknot.

The lyrics on this album are near incomprehensible when the singer screams, but don't take that as a lack of talent, not at all. The lyrics convey an incredible sense of anger which blend perfectly with the heavy guitar parts and the drums. The singer not only can scream very well, but also has a very nice singing voice and can suprisingly rap quite well on several verses throughout the album.

I think nothing can quite compare to the uniquness of Slipknot. They manage to blend the best elements of metal and rap into one masterpiece album that every fan of heavy, headbanging music should listen to. The most impressive sons from this album are in my opinion, Liberate, Diluted, No Life, and Eyeless. That's not to say that the others arent good though. The songs Prosthetics and Surfacing definatly need to be checked out. I think that if this album were stolen from me, I would buy two more copies so that if one gets stolen again I'll have another.

Um...?
    I love this album, the first song i heard from them was off of this one, at the time i didnt like it.. but it grew on me, now there another one of my favorite bands
    CoreysMonster
    myampgoesto11, you said that that was slipknots second album, your wrong, its thier first. Thier ssecond album is Iowa
    You're wrong, dude. The first album was M.F.K.R., with slightly different band members (ok, singer, guitarrists and no DJ or 133)
    thejosh