Slipknot review by Slipknot

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Slipknot: Slipknot

This was actually the second Slipknot album that I heard and looking back it is an in-between album. It is halfway in-between the hodge-podge strangeness of M.F.K.R and the insane mosh-worthyness of Iowa. They are finding themselves on this record and as such their are some experimental things on here. They also use some samples (intro, (sic) etc.) Not quite as heavy as Iowa but a must-buy for any maggot or simply anyone who loves pure friggin' metal.

Corey (#8) is one of the best metal singers ever. He can scream and rant and is still pretty easy to understand. He also shows some versatility on this record. He sings a lot more than he did on Iowa. The lyrics are standard deathmetal anger everone's gonna die stuff but Corey gives the words meaning with his pure metal voice.

Like I said earlier, this is an in-between album. It is not as heavy as Iowa but definately heavier than M.F.K.R. and heavier (though not by as much) as Vol. 3. I love how they can effortlessly swtich gears from mosh to gentle and creepy. Definately and excellant album, in fact when it came out it was Roadrunner's best selling record. I am allready on my second copy of this record because I listen to it so much and yes, if something where to happen I would buy yet another copy.

XxWoRdSoFsOrRoW
    im gonna do more than just bash it but i actually have reasons to everyone just listens to this so they can think there all badass cuz they listen to a popular heavy metal band when its only popular cuz of posers out there. this band has no talent cept for maybe the drummer hes pretty good but seriously aneone could tune down to f***ing drop b or how ever low there tuning is and sound cool but you have to see past there gimmicks to show that they are truly talentless and on top of that his singing? what singing? at least some metal bands actually have good voices so they can rely on that to make them more unique but slipknot doesnt even scream or sing its more of just yelling out shit that doesnt mean anything so yea they may have there moments but there only popular cuz of wannabe badasses so that goes to u myampgoesto11 slipknot stands out more than other heavy metal bands cuz of posers who think there hardcore and thats all there is to say
    MudVayNe999
    *cough* you abuse using the name cliff as it belones (spelling) to cliff burton, besides nobody gives a f--k about what u have to say
    MudVayNe999
    wow here u are again every ****ing review your gay, you have no life, youve proably never met a girl, you proably havent even hit puberty yet, slipknot stand out because people like them, people like them because there good, corey can sing 100000X better then you, and the band memebers can play there instraments 100000X better then you so shut the **** up and listen to the damn music thats all there is to say