Slipknot review by Slipknot

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Slipknot: Slipknot

The sound on this album is absolutely mindblowing. The guitars on this album are amazing and Mick and Jim do such a good job that they don't even need solos but they couldnt have solos because I think someone didn't want to do solos in their label but it's still pretty awesome. The drums on this album, that was a really big part on the album, the drums are just f--king astonishing and Joey is an amazing drummer and he can pull off just about anything when he has 2 backing percussion buddies backing him up song by song and those 2 buddies would have too be Chris and Shawn. The bass is on this album is just pure art and in songs like Sic and Prosthetics have such good bass lines and Paul just amazes me when he plays it. The keyboards on this album are pretty cool and the samples are pretty good too. All the other instruments appealed too me 2 and the DJ is awesome at the turntables. So yah just mindblowing sounds.

Corey Taylor is awesome when it comes down to writing lyrics. Most of the songs on this album are about politics, hate, misery and basically just about beating the living shit out of people and against the world (Surfacing). On this album Corey Taylor didn't write down most of the lyrics but he is still awesome when it comes down to writing down and I was pretty disappointed when I found that out because he can write such amazing lyrics (as on Iowa or Vol.3 The Subliminal Verses). But on the other hand the other people from the band wrote amazing lyrics for this album.

This album cannot compare to any other albums because it just cant, Slipknot have their own combination of metal sound. I don't have any favourite songs because all of them are unique in their own special way. I don't have any favourite songs on this album but 5 of them really appealed to me and they are Sic, Surfacing, Wait And Bleed, Spit It Out, and Liberate because the lyrics are meaningful and have a really good massage in them and the instruments are very well done especially Surfacing (the guitar kicks ass in that song). I love everything about this album from start to end it amazed me all the way through and I hate nothing about it because this is a metal masterpiece right here. If it were lost/stolen hells yah I'm buying because Slipknot are one of my favourite bands right now and they're music helps me out a lot but on the other hand I'm barely depressed but this album cheers me up when I am. So if your a fan of Slipknot you are not a true maggot until you get this album so get off your asses, calling all metalheads and put your fists in the air for Slipknot! So yah just get this album!

boyan89
    Shabalaba
    boyan89 wrote: hey guitar dude try out their Vol.3 The Subliminal Verses thats what got me into me them and some of my friends were like dude you gotta check this band out and i was okay and I did by starting from Vol.3 TSB and then i started listening to Slipknot and IOWA and they kikc ass.
    wolferine45 wrote: this album is the best of the three in my opinion.....
    I agree with both of these