Slipknot review by Slipknot

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Slipknot: Slipknot

In this albun there are many sound effects that make the songs in the albums sound voluminous. All in all slipkont has a great sound on CD but in concert the songs on this album are indisposed. The guitarists for slipknot are great when they are mixed in with Joey but this band does notgive their guitarists enough credit, they barely ever get a half decent solo in this album and when they do it is hardly even noticable.

The lyrics themself acutally in my opinion are lacking intendment, but they mix in on the music itself perfectly and Cory is an insane singer. Even though the lyrics in this album don't make any sense at all they, in there own little way, explain a story. The lyrics contain many large words instead of saying basic words, and for the type of music that they play there is hardly any cussing in it at all.

Slipknot overall is golden compared to a lot of heavy metal bands. The most stupefying thing about this album simply has to be the sound affects that they use. I love the way they sound on CD but this album souds a little lacky in concert. A yes I would totally buy this album an infinate amount of times. Like I said The lyrics could use some work but the sound of them will always make my heart cringe.