Slipknot review by Slipknot

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Slipknot: Slipknot

This is the original slipknot sound and also when Corey's voice was at its best, so this album is definitely worth listening to. This album is much more harder than their 2008 album 'all hope is gone' because of their anger in and aggressiveness that they put into 'slipknot'. Also in this album they use a lot more of of the turntables and the samples this adds to the variety in the songs but not used as much (if not any) in 'all hope is gone'. In my opinion this is the secound best slipknot album (first being 'Iowa').

My overall impression of the lyrics in this album is that they are amazing. In the song 'spit it out' Corey half raps the lyrics and half shouts them, this gives a really good affect to how the song comes together. Back when this album was made Corey Taylor had the best voice live and recording but when vol. 3 subliminal verses came out his singing changed (in my eyes) to being slightly softer but still aggressive, I do much prefer the older music. If you are going to listen to any slipknot I advise listening to slipknots self titled album (the one I'm reviewing) and Iowa, these two albums are the best.

Slipknot out stand any other metal band out there because they use a whole range of instruments and just make awesome music. The most impressive songs on the album are spit it out, wait and bleed, sic and eyeless, these tracks are the ones I could listen to and not get bored of easily. The only thing that I hate about this album is that it doesn't have purity on but thats not a big deal because if you buy the 10th anniversary album then this will have it on. If I lost this album I would go and by the 10th anniversary album because its got more tracks on including those of the original. The bottom line is BUY THIS CD stay (sic)