Slipknot review by Slipknot

• Released: Jun 29, 1999
Slipknot: Slipknot

Slipknot has a relentless sound of anger and rage. This is one of the greatest heavy metal cd's of the past 20 years, and possibly the best Nu-Metal Album of all time. The style from the first song down to the last minute is just insane. Corey is just blowing you away with his vocal skills and both the guitarist are just shredding non-stop. Sid is just going to town on his turntable and just making the music all it's own. Clown and Joey are doing there things with percussions. Paul is laying down his intense bass lines.

This album is the essence of what is heavy metal, the lyrics are straight forward hate and anger. Corey's song writing ability is great and not to mention how the lyrics fit into ever song. The power of the lyrics fit just along with the power of the instruments. Corey is one of the single greatest musicians of all time. From his aggressive, powerful vocals to his passionate singing in vermillion pt2 and his other acoustic songs.

This is the best Slipknot album and compared to Metal bands at the time they were the kings. They helped ignite the love for metal after a grunge dominated early 90's. I love everything about this cd, it is a great Metal album and sets the standard for nu-metal. The only thing I hate about this album is that it isn't 50 songs longer. If this were stolen I would buy 2 more so if it ever happened again I wouldn't have to wait to get it again. But luckily for me the computer makes keeping this music safe.

Jackolas
    The eyes of a traitor suck! listen to them if you want to LOL for a while.
    conor-figgy
    @Guynametyler when reviewing an album don't compare to an album released after it. But i love seeing a review of something 11 years old...
    Guynametyler
    Conor, I needed something to compare it to. And this is the single greatest album I've ever heard.