Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

The sound on this album is totally new, acoustic guitars, more members sing (eg. in Vermillion part 2 all 9 members sing) the band have remade there image and this will desstress the narrow minded maggots who may call slipknot traitors. There are also a few Heavy tracks, when listening to this album you can hear the Stone Sour and to My Surprise influences, (some of the side projects of some members). This album socked me, I waas expecting a repeat of IOwa and I was rewarded with a great album

The Lyrics tell a story of how they have become the first album was we are here and f--ck you all, the second album was like We've made it big and we hate ourselves, and this is like, we were what the madia wanted and now we are the true meaning behind slipknot, the lyrics go great with the songs as well, slipknot have thought about what they were doing this time and must have said to themselves, this album is gonna be the greatest album to date.

As I have said you can hear the influences of the side projects, esspecially stone sour, my favourite songs have to be Duality and Vermillion Part 2, they are completely different, this album will shock all, I know its not out yet but I have heard it and its fantastic, other good songs on the album are the Virus Of Life, Circles and The Blister Exists, but every track on this album is enjoyable, I love this album, if I lost it I'd would definatly relace it, in fact id copy the album first and keep the original in mint condition so as I had a perfect copy at all times, definatly worth the money you'll spend, and just for the record Jeoy Jordison is the dudiest dude on this planet.