Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

Slipknot have always had an amazing sound, but this one takes the cake. The guitarists solo Joey is still the greatest drummer on earth, and the snare drum solo on the blister exists is just plain awesome. Circle is a nice acoustic song that reminds you of Bother by Stone Sour.

The lyrics are a bit different, they're pretty hard to describe, except by the words "Pretty Damn Good." But no matter how the lyrics change, Corey Taylor's voice will always prevail. In some of Slipknot's older stuff, you couldn't understand a word that he was saying when he screamed. Guess what? You can understand them here. His amazing vocals just make the lyrics complete.

It seems that Slipknot just gets better and better with each album. If you liked Stone Sour, but wish that Corey and Jim ditch Slipknot and stick to Stone Sour, give this album a try. They compare to Stone Sour a lot. My favorite songs are The Blister Exists, Cirle, Duality, Before I Forget, and Opium Of The People. I have absolutely no regrets about this album. If it got stolen, I'd go out and buy it again. It's worth every penny. Get It Now. You Won't be sorry.