Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

To say the least this album changed (or more to say gave me an idea of what bands do). The way I looked at all bands - your first cd is the hardest - your second is more experimental and still hard and the third is a huge change in music. I personally felt a little disappointed with the lack of rage and fury you got with the first couple. I thought that they did a good job with Vermillion pt.2 it's awesome. But Circles if you ask me wasn't any good. The first 5 tracks are good - Vermillion pt.1 is alright and the Nameless I thought was kind of a bad idea with the acoustic thing. I liked the chorus with distortion but not really acoustic. I thought they could have made it its own song.

Lyrics were awesome. Same with the singing. No cussing. What a huge change. I thought it didn't hurt alot but when he said butt I thought that he was trying not to cuss. I'm not sure what the deal with that was. it's awesome lyric wise though.

Overall it compared alright. My least favorite though. The anger and whole thing I loved about them wasn't fully there though. I thought there were alot of tracks that didn't really go well with the overall atmoshpere of the cd. If you like the others get it. Everyone loves it. I like it but don't love it so I listen to iowa and the self titled more. The new masks are awesome. Great lyrics, great acoustic song, dumb acoustic song and the drum solo on the blister exists is weak. It's 8th notes to quadduplets or something like that. 16th note triplets. Anyway it's really easy and the same thing over and over. I explained what I didn't like the rest is good/great. But no awesome songs. Most good leaning towards awesome peace don't hate me for this.