Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

Oh my god! The greatest album I've ever heard. The Brutality of 'Iowa' with the insane beats and guitar riffs from 'Slipknot'. Heavy metal, Acoustic, Orchestra are some of the sounds on this album. Corey's voice has never sounded better, Mick & Jim's guitars sound so fucking amazing, everything about this album is great. It also features Slipknot's first ever solo's.

Everyone knows Corey Taylor writes and sings from his soul, which is why he is the greatest singer on the fucking planet. Lyrics go well with the music as always. Corey Taylor is an amazing singer, he can sing anything, just listen to 'Bother' by 'Stone Sour', and you'll know what I mean.

When Slipknot said this is their greatest album ever, they weren't kidding. This is the greatest. Album opener 'Prelude 3.0' is great, but different from anything Slipknot have ever done, 'The Blister Exists' is f--king amazing! With a cool chorus that Corey sings and doesn't scream, and cool bridge part with drums that sound like the military marching towards you. Other stand out songs are 'Three Nil,' 'Duality,' 'Opium Of The People,' 'Circle,' (which is all acoustic, with an orchestra) 'Pulse Of The Maggots,' 'Before I Forget,' 'Vermillion Pt 2,' (which is also all acoustic). I love everything about this album. Oh man, if anyone ever tried to steal this from me I would fucking kill them, and if I lost I would turn my house upside down looking for it, if I failed to find it, I would definetly buy another one. If you've never heard Slipknot before, then where the f--k have you been for the past few years? It is worth buying a million times over, so all you have to do now is go out and buy it, hold your breath. Listen.