Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

What can I say, this ablum is very differant to their other albums yet still has the overall feel of this brilliant band. It begins with a track quite sinister but calm (Prelude 3.0). But as soon as you react 'The Blister Exits' you know this is a brilliant album. 'Duality' is a masterpiece in itself with is slowly increasing beat to strong powerful chords and brilliant drum beat. Other great songs include 'Welcome' with its amazing drum beat that is so fast at points the beats seems to merge into one, 'Pulse Of The Maggots' that is just an outstanding song and 'The Nameless' with its pshycotic screaming of to voices. What I also love in this album and suprised me was the use of acoustic guitar! In such songs as 'Circle' and 'Vermilion Pt.2'.

The lirics in this album are outstanding! They are quite clever how they change from sinister yet calm to full on hevy screams! The wording in the lyrics are I find lack in swearing unlike the other albums so they contain more brilliant psycotic rythmic wording.

It f--king rules! This is probley they've ever done! It's a masterpiece!