Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

First of all, I'd like to say that I've never listened to an entire Slipknot album before. I got hooked on the song "Wait And Bleed", and I've downloaded a few other songs like "Everything Ends" and "Left behind". I heard about this CD coming out, and I decided to check out the single, "Duality". I fell in love with the song, although in terms of Slipknot sound, it wasn't what I remembered it to be so I investigated, and heard of "Circle". I loved this song too, but I couldn't find any others. The CD was released, and I was never interested in buying it, until I saw the video for "Vermillion". I loved this song too, so I took a shot. Totally blew me away a creepy intro song, followed by crazy-ass heavy riffs. All the way through to Circle, a great acoustic song. Vermillion is a great single, but Part II blew me away. I love the acoustic songs on this album, I now have respect for this band they truly are talented.

I always knew about Corey Taylor, and from the moment I heard "Wait And Bleed", I wondered why he didn't sing more. Taylor has an incredibly versitile voice. I used to think Chester Bennington was talented, but his voice is a little bit synthesized. Taylor can do it all, and do it without altering anything. He screams, growls, talks, and when it gets down to it, the man can sing. By far, my new favourite singer. He also manages to write everything beautifully, and this time he covers a few different topics. Great lyrics, great singer.

Overall, this is probably the only Slipknot album I would buy, mainly because I know it's different. There is something for everyone here.