Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

The sound in this CD can be defined as amazing. It's got songs with heavy guitars and plenty of screaming, and songs with acoustic guitars with no screaming. The thing I absolutely love about most of the songs on this CD is that in every one of them, there is one part near the end of the song that I wait for every time, and when it plays, my heart starts beating faster. It really gets me going. To use an example, listen to "Before I Forget" and the part where Corey sings "My ends, it justifies my means" would be a prime example.

The lyrics can be summed up in one word: genius. Although most of the time, the lyrics can't be 100% heard/understood because they are screamed, if you can understand them or take the time to open the CD booklet and read them, you will see what I mean by "genius". They are just absolutely incredible in my opinion. If you take "Vermilion Part 2" as an example, all the lyrics can be heard and understood and they are excellent. The music and lyrics blend in perfectly. In times of singing (I'll use "Vermilion Part 2" as an example again), we have a nice acoustic guitar background, and in times of screaming, we have heavy guitars.

First I'd like to point out my favorite songs from this CD: The Nameless, Before I Forget, Pulse Of The Maggots. These songs are really the highlight of the album in my opinion. Some things I love about this CD is the fact that I dont skip a single song! They all rock big time. I also love the blend of different songs. The best part, is the screaming in my opinion. I love it. To me, there is nothing to hate about this album. This was the best album of 2004 in my opinion, and quite possibly the best Slipknot CD. If I lost this CD, I would definatly buy it again, seeing as how I listen to it everyday which is another bonus. It never gets boring! I would definatly recomend this CD to everyone who enjoys good music. The gets a perfect score without a doubt.