Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

Slipknot's Iowa left us all drained, but in a good way. It was so in your face, so brutal that it was a kick in the face every time you listned to it. Now the Knot are back with Vol 3. The sound here is still very Slipknot but an evolved Knot. It's a more mature sound that grows on you from start to finish. Yes, it is ones of those albums that needs a few runs through, but once you get it I garante you will all love it.

This is where the Knot has always excelled. Cory would have to be one of the most significant people in the music industry today. Every word he speaks has true meaning and is not just a waist of breath. Vermilion Pt. 2 would have to be one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard and coming from cory just makes everything work.

I used the word beatiful to describe one of the songs and whoever would have thought the word beautiful would have been used to describe Slipknot? I'm not going to pretend though that this album beats Iowa because it doesn't, but at the sametime it's something totaly different that we all needed. I'm glad the guys from 0 to 8 had the balls to create such a mind bending album. In the end, it's Slipknot in their most healthiest state.