Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

I've always been a fan of Slipknot for their sheer energy and sincere ass kicking, but when I got this CD I realized how talented they really are. A lot of people will be stunned and hopefully a lot of people will stop hating this band as they too will hear how undeniably gifted this band really is. The sound of this CD is adrenaline as usual but really have branched out and created very diverse songs. A couple of them are acoustic and many contain guitar solos. A refreshing change for this band and I continue to beleive that Joey Jordinson (drummer) is the best in the bizz.

Now to Corey Taylor - genius. Like his music or not you have to admitt that he can write the most mind bogglingly beautiful and strange lyrics. And to many suprises, he can actually sing as well. I think his screams and growls etc sound very good compared to others, then when he really sings I understand that he is better than probably any vocalist I have ever heard. The emotion in his voice is very sincere and can really have you taken back. The lyrics to this and all their albums gets an easy 5 star.

Overall, very good album, they not taken steps to making themselves better musicians, they have taken giant leaps. I think everyone should give it a chance and I think you will find that this band is very talented and ranks among the top in heavy metal music.