Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

The sound is somewhat different from the older Slipknot that I have heard. To tell you the truth I love it, I think Mick and James are both geniuses and Joey is definatly a genius when it comes to the drums.

Amazing. I'm speechless, I mean if I could write stuff like Vermilion I would be like god. And I also like the approach of no, or if there are, small amounts of cursing, not that I care, bt my bands philosophy is that you dont need to curse to sound good.

To tell you all the truth I've never been a slipknot fan. My neighbor loved them from like 7th grade till now (he's gotten into a new band called Bleeding Through) and he would always play them, and I would always hate it. Yea there were certain songs I liked, Wait And Bleed, Spit It Out, My Plague, Left Behind And Snap, but thats it. So just the other day I bought the Subliminal Verses special thing because I had always liked the song Duality and Pulse Of The Maggots, and since all my Slipknot freinds didn't like the new one because it got more stone sour sounding, I though wat the hell ill buy it. I lik every song on the album, and everything about it is awesome. But there lies the problem for other slipknot fans, that it is different than the others. So I think with this album, they have lost some fans, and gained alot more. My final thing to say about this album, is that it's actually getting me into old Slipknot, I just downloaded People=Shit and Heritic Anthem and I like those songs so, who knows. Also I think this album steers alot more towards what nu-metal really is, opposed to the heavy metal thing they also do.