Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

The first thing I would like to say is that Slipknot is the greatest band of all time. On this album the really sweet guitar riffs are better then ever. The solo on Pulse Of The Maggots is the greatest thing I have ever heard. I like the cool drum part on The Blister Exists. Three Nil is my favorite song on the whole album with the really cool intro and awesome lyrics it is just perfect. Another song that I really like is Duality. It has awesome guitar parts and it was the best sone in '04 according to Guitar World. On Opium Of The People I love the inrto and how they do the awesome bridge thingy. Circle is not my favorite but it does still has some pretty good lyrics. Welcome is a really cool song mainly because of the solo and I have always loved the way that the drums play in the background. Vermilion and Vermilion Part 2 tell a story about a girl that is imaginary and tells how she is imagined almost like describing a dream and at the end they chant, "She isn't real! I can't make her real!" On part 2 the accoustic guitars help make it sound more dreamy.

All the lyrics were really good. They flowed with the music. I love Corey Taylor's voice. I like how they scream. They show their anger and in some songs they show sorrow and lust.

I think that this is the best album by Slipknot from both a lyrical and musical standpoint. I recently purchased the songbook and I have been working on the songs but some of them are really hard but since its Slipknot I really work at them and get better. If this album was stolen, I would buy it again and again because I love it so much. Not much else to say but this is a goddamn sweet album.