Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

The sound in overall is so damn happy and positive, I don't really like it because it steped completly out of the way I had viwed Slipknot in the past, but one band must not reamin the same that's a fact, they should change every once in a while, but the change that Slipnot made was really aiming for air play and videos (MTV, Rock Stations). To my opinion the fact that Corey and Jim left Slipknot for a while and worked on Stone Sour effected Slipknot's come back, because this seem more like not a Slipknot album but very well a Stone-Knot, this is what I call it because they left out that dark mysterious enigma that Slipknot held in the past, for instance take songs like gently, skin ticket, tattered and torn, prosthetics and so on, this were songs that made Slipnot stand out from the bunch of bands from that year 1999 era (Korn, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Powerman 5000, Papa Roach and so on). So in conclusion I did not like the album, it's got good songs but only like 4.

The lyrics are always good, 8 always has an ability to write such mellow lyrics and make them poems and dark deep thoughts expressed on words. So I liked the lyrics.

My least favorite album from Slipknot, sounds like pop rock to me, songs like Before I Forget, Pulse Of The Maggots and Danger make complete examples of this. I would not buy this album again, I would have it borrowed from someone but I would not buy it. Plus Slipknot became so damn airplayed and made them look like one of your daily top 10 hot artists on the stupid ass plastic world TV. I was actually inteded to make my first Slipknot tattoo but after I heard this I changed my mind. Better luck next time Knot.