Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

The sound in this album is like no other albums. In their previous albums is was too trashy. Now that Corey sings properly, slipknot has flourished as a band. But like all of hteir other albums, there is no definative beat and there is no real talent to the music. This no no doubt there best album and I recommend this to anyone who likes metal. Slipknot is an aquired taste and I don't have that taste. That is why I like the songs vermillion pt II and circle. Those songs show that Slipknot has some credability!

First of all, Corey is an amazing singer and if you don; t think so, go buy one of his Stone Sour albums. The lyrics in this albums seem to have a meaning and they actually mean something to the average listener. Unlike previous albums, it is not all about blood and death. The lyrics go well with each song. Like Vermillion is meaningfull and before I forget is a bunch of meaningless singing.

Overall, like this album and it is in the top 50 of ones I have. There could be more appealing music and they would get a vaster crowd and more publicity.

vampireheart666
    i read somewhere that Slipknot has gay band members. not that i dont like them but i dislike them a little more for disrespecting HIM. verillion 2 kicks ass