Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

The sound of this album is flawless, with the weird mixing and the mad drumming, the the pounding bass to the eye-brow raising rythym guitar, and the solos are an unexpected surprise, although I hated Slipknot at first, I remember reading in a book that Metallica were considered to be just noise until Master Of Puppets was released. this album lets everybody contribute with their instrument (in Corey's case - his throat. I warn anyone who doesn't like metal, this is the heaviest band of recent times and they'll scare the hell out of you (and if not hell - then heaven).

The lyrics are powerful and meaningful, see the thing is that the screaming puts everybody off they don't exactly look deeper and find what the song actually means, in my opinion there is nothing with screaming it only matters if its done right, Corey's voice is at its highest peak yet, the screaming is unnatural (in a good way) and the singing is melodic. Actually Corey should sing more than scream, keep the screaming for the of the song, but that aside the screaming is top notch, the lyrics help it, coreys smart for a metaller who swears as much as he screams. He uses such big words.

This album is their strongest yet no band will top it, at least they've taken a more melodic approach than last time so, best songs will have to be Duality, of course, both Vermillion Parts 1 & 2, Circle, Before I Forget and Pulse Of The Maggots. The whole album is the highlight!

CoreysMonster
    (sic)ness6669 wrote: well Jim Root cant be gay cuz he is banging the hottest chick in metal
    true that... damn it!
    MudVayNe999
    lol agreed, i saw a review similiar to how i got into this band, i hated all of it, i just thought it was mindless screaming and i seconded that when i bought ozzfest 2001 CD, boy was i dumb, i downloaded a few songs for biking and extreme sports, and i instantly fell in love, best band out there