Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

When I first heard of them/got into them, slipknot were branded as one of the heaviest bands out there, and no one in my school liked them. Iowa clarrified that even more, but this is a kick in the head. The heaviest band out there have changed into what? A weird mainstreme aimed act? I don't know, but I am seriously disapointed as an ex-huge fan.

Corey is still writing clever lyrics, even though you can tell obviously the songs are for a huge audience (no swearing) and no true horror type lyrics anymore. Corey's voice is still good, though he doesn't even try compared to him in stone sour where he kicks ass.

I expected a lot more from Slipknot, even buying this the day it came out (f--k you posers who waited a month of something) but obviously, people and music evolves, and slipknot would of probally been crap if they did a linkin park by re releasing everything time after time, but this is a real let down. The most impressive song if any is probally Opium Of The People, but it has it's serious drawbacks. If I feel like Slipknot, I definatly put this to the back of my mind and find Iowa.

MudVayNe999
    dude, nobdoy even mentioned the guitar solo on welcome. that song is extremly underated and hey celtickknife, tell me when u have millions of fans and multi platnium cds and DVDs out, as wel as 1000's of sold out shows