Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

SlipKnot, because of this album I love music so much more. Since the realease of their self titled debut, SlipKnot has reformed rock and roll into a great thing again. The hard driving raw guitar tones, mixed with a steady rockin' beat layed down by Joey Jordison, Shawn 'Clown' Crahan and Chris Fehn, SlipKnot must be doing something righ because the way the album flows from one track to another scores a 10 with me.

Sell out? I think not. People have said that SlipKnot sold out and abandoned their evil ways. Well, read the lyrics to Opium of the People, or hear the anti-Christ-like undertones in Pulse Of The Maggots and tell me that SlipKnot has gone soft. Of course Corey's haunted vocals send a chill up my spine everytime the bridge in Vermillion Pt.1 hits. But, never the less, the lyrical talents of Corey Taylor werent flying their full colors on volume three. Which earns Volume 3 a 9/10 for lyrics.

This cannot compare. Slipknot has drifted from their elements of old. But lucky for all the Maggots, it's for the better. I would buy this CD a million times over.

grungehead27
    joey is a pretty good drummer. aside from him, the whole band are simply untalented bastards with a rebel image, as are all of the nu metal groups. if you want real metal listen to some lamb of god or anyone from sweden, finland or norway.