Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

This is a very good album. Slipknot has thier own unique sound that will never be duplicated. It's got that alt-metal sound that is fresh and will remain that way for years to come. Vol 3 The Subliminal Verses was totally different than thier past albums. That is mainly why I loved it. Now I don't nessesarily dislike everything in the past. The self titled album was good. Iowa I personally didn't care for but a few songs. As for Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat: never heard it; turned off by title. But this album is simply brilliant. It has the heavy stuff all maggots love, acoustic stuff to show thier other talents, and stuff that sounds a little more mainstream that is a little disliked by the heavier audienced, yet it caught the eye of a new audience to become maggots and still managed to keep most of the older fans.

Great lyrics on every song. The verses match the chorus well, and Slipknot has a knack for great choruses. The only thing hurting this is they are at times pretty dang wierd. The lyrics blend perfect with the guitars and drums. Corey has a talent most singers anymore don't: singing. He screams and sings, showing his potential and power.

This really goes up there with the great modern metal albums. I gotta admit, before I didn't like Slipknot. But being with my friends a year and a half, I asked one of them for this record and had a change of heart upon hear it. I see that one guy rating Vol. 3 rated the songs as well, so I'll try that to give a second opinion just in case. There you go, there are the songs. As you can see, I love giutar solos. The only problem is there are only three songs with 'em. The only thing that I disliked was the few guitar solos, and the bass could have been more noticeable. After all, bass is most important. If I lost it, I would pull a burned copy I was storing previously (I burn all my CDs more than once).

StringsofBlack
    Blindjoker
    why the **** do people put them down cause they want to try somthing different if that was there debut album people would be loving iti but you and for that rap metal thing they do kind of do that in songs like duality and spit it out
    Shreddin 4 Life
    StringsofBlack wrote: Celticknife wrote: I can't beleive the majority of these reviews, surely this must be a joke? I wasn't aware so many people liked talentless nu-metal bands, and by talentless I mean the only member with any talent at all is Joey, who is still overrated as hell. You people disgust me. Uh yeah i have a professional guitar teacher and when he listened to Welcome, where they were doing 32 notes all over the fret board at 200 speed, and he was blown away. And they do things like that in Three Nil and Pulse of the Maggots. If you were a guitar player and knew anything at all about music youd know you honestly dont know what you're talking about.
    Thank u, someone with knowledge on this subject Although they aren't playing that fast in those tunes...