Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) review by Slipknot

• Released: May 25, 2004
Slipknot: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

A lot of the songs on this album are really kinda goth-ish. But the band really matured as musicians as well, throwing in some solos and highly complicated riffs. I'll break it down song by song.

The lyrics are about the same as ever on most songs, but they go deeper on Vermilion and Before I Forget than usual. The lyrics and the music really fit because they are very psychotic and sometimes disturbing. As we all know, Corey Taylor is the greatest vocalist of his generation, but he goes farther than the normal growl, so it's probably his best performance yet.

It's very hard to compare Slipknot to anybody else because of how diverse they are, but this is one of my favorite albums so far. If you are just planning to get a few songs from the album off itunes or limewire, or something, I suggest Before I Forget, Duality, both Vermilion parts, The Blister Exists, and The Virus of Life (if you don't get scared). I would buy this album the moment it was lost or stolen. If you are a true maggot, then you will go out and buy this immediately!

RFreakonaLeash
    please all people who don't like metal or slipknot or whatever DONT REVIEW OR COMMENT ON THE DAMN RECORD! i personally love all of slipknots music, they have done an amazing job with volume 3, i like the way they've changed their sound, it's pure emotion SLIPKNOT OWNS