All Star Smash Hits review by Smash Mouth

• Released: Aug 23, 2005
Smash Mouth: All Star Smash Hits

It has stheir original ska-punk sound and also has a lot of their natural rock sound on. It is basically a greatest hits showcasing all of their best songs. Good yet simple guitar work and their ska based songs sound excellent. There are quite a few of covers on this record but I think thats just something they wanted to do.

I like the lyrics on this record they have quite a bit of meaning and can get quite deep on songs like Waste and just funny such as on Walkin' On The Sun which is a hippie piss-take. The singer is quite good and his voice suits all of the kinds of music they play whether its pop, rock or ska.

It is good for people that don't own any Smash Mouth CD's as it will let them listen to all of their best songs rather than their mediocre ones. I love the poppy tracks such as All Star and Walkin On The Sun which are so fun to listen to but also all the cover songs included such as Why Cant We Be Friends and I'm A Believer which I'm my opinion are better than the originals. At 20 tracks it's also nice and long which means a lot of good listening. If it was stolen or lost I would get it again as it's a great album to have.

hobo467
    See, the lead singer is on the surreal life 6. Yeah....they're done, gone, screwed, etcetera.
    rebreh
    Smash mouth sucks. And it aint sellin out if you arnt't ever big after the deal
    Friedmaniac
    I kind of like them. I know this sounds like blasphemy, but their keyboard lines remind me of the doors.
    captain_bunker
    haha smash mouth sold out for disney i remember their first cd had "cuss words" on it and after that they started sucking up to do shrek and all that jazz
    Covin
    They have some good songs. Most people that don't like them don't have a good reason; Smash Mouth write catchier songs than most bands, they just don't get airplay because everybody else pays the stations to play whatever.
    Iam138
    ^I think they are still around somewhere, dont know how much new music they have or if they are even making a new record.
    jayant412
    Whoa! How come the reviewer give a 9 on all the things!!?? Anyways..thats his review i guess.. And Smashmouth shouldn't even be on UG.. The first time i heard them I thought they were a boy band!
    Stevie B
    they released a record in 2004 or sometime similar and it blew. only sound 30,000 copies. but then they released this o and there making a new album now.
    12binght
    Smash mouth is not good anymore they should be taken off Ultimate Guitar