Anxiety review by Smile Empty Soul

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Smile Empty Soul: Anxiety

They have a new drummer but he is just as good as Derek was with them so you can't really tell the diffrence. This album isn't out yet but if you go to there shows you can buy it for like 5 bucks or you can download it (they are having big disaggrements with their record company at the time). Their style in this album is diffrent then the first album but that isnt a bad thing. This album is more melow then their debut album, there is alot more acoustic songs but it's still good.

The lyrics on this album I feel are more about things going on in society and not the bands personal experiences. The lyrics are very deep and really make you think, they made a huge impact on the way I see things. Sean Danielson (guitar, vocals) has an amazing voice that goes perfect with his bad ass riffs, fast drumming, and the fat bass lines.

I'm usually only into metal music, but this album is just amazing if anyone likes bands like Nirvana or Seether then you will really like this CD. The top songs on this album imo are "Saturday" a hard rock song with cruchy riffs, "Refill Me" another hard rock song about drug abuse, "Self W" a song about self mutilation, and "Proud To Be" an amazing acoustic song about seans thoughts on bush and america. I love this album, the only thing I hate is the fact that you have to go to one of their shows to buy the cd or download it but hopefully they will clear thing up with their record company soon so it will come out on store shelves.