Final Straw review by Snow Patrol

• Released: Feb 2, 2004
Snow Patrol: Final Straw

Snow Patrol has a very unique sound. I like to think of Gary Lightbody's voice as a cross between Aaron Lewis of Staind and John Mayer. The guitar work is nothing fancy, in fact the solos are sometimes played on one string, but thats not always a bad thing. Some of the songs have distorted vocals, such as Gleaming Auction and Wow, which I personally am not really fond of. But otherwise, Gary's voice and the bands music blend perfectly to produce a lighthearted, upbeat yet mellow sound unlike many other bands I've heard. Looking for heavy stuff? If so, look elsewhere.

Like I said before, Gary's voice is very unique and soulful. It also blends perfectly with their down-on-my-luck, 3 Doors Down-like lyrics. I couldn't imagine Chester Bennington or Chad Kroeger singing these songs, as much as I like their voices. They were just made for Gary's vocal talents. The songs are mellow, yet relatable. No "darkness surrounding me" or any of that emo style whining.

This is a very good album. I would recommend it for anyone who is a fan of Keane or Muse. My favorite songs in no order are Run, How To Be Dead, Chocolate, and Grazed Knees. If this album was stolen, I would definetly buy another one if I couldn't find and beat up the b--ch that stole it.

[NIN]_ROCK!
    Man,their sound is absolutely brilliant!Gary Lightbody has a very melodic style of singing and playing(guitars)!This is definitely one of my fav albums of all time
    dall29
    i thought this album was way better than there new one with songs like run somewhere a clock is ticking grazed knees same i think this was just great i bought it like two years ago and i still listen to it