Life In Surveillance review by So They Say

• Released: Oct 9, 2007
So They Say: Life In Surveillance

The sound is different it's unlike anything I have ever heard. The guitarists have a really harmony and a really nice edge there's like no solos but the riffs are solid and well done. Also, the melodies are incredible to hear because the lead guitarist and the rhytmn guitarist I think nailed this album pretty damn well. I thought the drums were very well done it did it's job and crushed the rhythm. The bass I have no comment because I don't know it seems like it is just playing pretty basic riffs, and backing up the guitar. Keyboard's are well done, but there is some parts where you just can't hear them and your thinking is that the guitar with effects or keyboards. I don't know where this band gets their inspirations but from where they do their pretty cool.

I thought the lyrics were very well done, and the two singers can hold notes man and can falsetto really high which is an inredible skill to have. I have no idea what the lyrics are about but it sounds like some songs are about getting high, standing up for what you believe in, government and relationships of course but I think that he's more pissed off at the girl than the girl at him and he doesn't seen to heartbroken, which is just keeping it strong man whoot.

As I said this can't compare to their past album Antidode For Irony or any other band because whatever this band seems to do it has never been done and stick to original writing process. I don't know what the most impressive songs are because they all sound different so I can't really pick one or two that are the best because their all really good. I usually don't listen to this type of music, my music is metal but damn this band really got me hooked on their guitar styles, and the singing. Another thing I forgot to mention is in April of 2008, the band changed their name to The Audio and the style of music is pop rock or something, but I think they will still sound the same. They lost their drummer and the lead guitarist. If this album were stolen man, I would hunt the f--ker who stole it and bury him then dance on his grave!

Neon D-von
    I downloaded this album from emusic yesterday. It's a pretty good listen, I'd recommend it... It's fairly original but to say that their type of music has never been done before is completely ridiculous. It's just a blend of a couple different genres. Also, all of the songs do not sound that different. If I get time, I'll type up a review lol... solid record though
    boyan89
    dude who cares its a damn review i like the album like come on....no one else wrote a review so i figure hey lets do it...at least i wrote a review, and i know this genre has been done before but the way So They Say do it is pretty original too bad some members left though
    boyan89
    whats so bad about the review anyways...i know i didn't really used too well grammar but it was ****ing 7 o clock in Europe so pardon me
    isaachary
    Too bad So They Say doesn't exist anymore. After my cousin left then Justin and the rhythm guitar left they turned into "The Audio"...they're not as good.
    broken fusion!
    don't worry usually the grammar police are sitting at home cursing their tiny dicks and taking it out on people with bad spelling, or you know, people who's first language isn't english anwyays
    broken fusion!
    it makes them feel better about having to use a microscope just to take a piss in the morning
    red157
    Yeah, all of us who wonder how this poorly written review made it on to the front page of this site must have tiny penises. I like your logic broken fusion! By the way, the exclamation mark totally adds to your username. It ain't 'broken fusion', it's 'broken fusion!'. Really stands out, like an undercover cop at a rave.
    boyan89
    No shit my first language isn't English, it's Bulgarian for ****'s sake, but soo what. What the hell is so bad about the review anyways? If you know me you'll find out i have no accent and i speak English damn fluently and it's not that bad of a review so screw you guys, there's way more messed up reviews than mine.