Greatest Hits review by Social Distortion

• Released: Jun 26, 2007
Social Distortion: Greatest Hits

The sound is great. Social D is one of the best bands out there and this is probably going to be the best greatest hits albums ever, including popular songs such as "Mommy's Little Monster" (from their debut album 1983's "Mommy's Little Monster"), "Ball and Chain", "Story of My Life" (both from their 1990 self-titled album), "I Was Wrong" (from 1996's "White Light, White Heat, White Trash"), "Prison Bound" (from 1989's "Prison Bound"), and many more spanning their 20+ year career. I've been a huge fan of this band for a long time and I hope they won't retire anytime soon. OK back to the "Greatest Hits" album, I just heard the new song "Far Behind" and in my opinion, I think this will be one of the best hits of 2007.

I'd say Social D's lyrics are never any bad as far as I can tell. The music and lyrics go along really good. Some of them have a lot to do with life, love and death, whatever and also dedicated to the late Dennis Danell, who was the rhythm guitarist on all Social D albums until "White Light, White Heat, White Trash". Mike Ness is not only a great singer in the world, but he is also one of the best punk songwriters.

Social D is amongst my top five favorite punk bands (others include The Offspring, Bad Religion, Blink 182 and MXPX). Sometimes, it just takes a long time for any famous band (that has put out 5 records or over) to release a greatest hits album, even Social D. All songs, including the new one "Far Behind", are awesome. I would recommend this greatest hits album (or any other Social D album) to everyone who likes punk music or who is a huge fan of Social D as well, worth listening and recognizing their well-known songs. Word on the street is that, Social D was going to release a new studio album this year and I'm really looking forward to it as well. I'll say it again, you gotta check out this greatest hits album, even though I haven't bought it yet.

punkrockdude2
    GREAT REVEIW!!! I like this line "Social D is amongst my top five favorite punk bands (others include The Offspring, Bad Religion, Blink 182 and MXPX). " ****ing great I tottally Agree I love this band and I'm going to pick up this album tomorrow
    punkrockdude2
    did u notice that some of the songs sounded different from the old ones? SOML Bad Luck and Ring of Fire
    againstme660
    social d is amazing, i have not heard a bad album from the or for that case a bad song