Mommy's Little Monster review by Social Distortion

• Released: Jan 1, 1983
Social Distortion: Mommy's Little Monster

The sound of this album is early '80s quality. On a small indie label, you're really not going to get a good recording quality. Mike Ness' singing is pretty good, the riffs are good, the solos are good for a punk band. The songs on this album are all very good examples of the '80s underground punk scene. Compared to their other albums though this one is the poorest quality and clarity wise.

The lyrical content is good and they make sense. Not the best lyrics social D has to offer (self-titled). Mike Ness has his trademark deep gritty singing voice, more punk than the later albums.

If this CD was stolen or lost (and I didn't have it on my comp) I'd buy it again. It's Social D's best album by far. It is one of my favorite punk albums (other than every dead kennedys album, and nevermind the bollocks, and the dead boy's young loud and snotty). If you want to buy a Social Distortion album, this is it. It has the punk spirit anger and fury.

havana_Affair19
    i like this album alot. i just bought yesterday and listen to it aleast 10times.The solo's are good too put there no ACDC
    sev945
    i love this album dunno when i listen to this and tsol's dance with me it feels like it's spacy in the background sort of a dark goth feel