Social Distortion review by Social Distortion

• Released: Feb 28, 1990
Social Distortion: Social Distortion

When I first listened to the album, I thought it had a pretty sweet guitar sound to it. It has a very different sound compared to the other music albums that I own from other bands. The sound in this album is very, how do I say it, mellow. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing. The distorted sound of the chords being played is nice too.

The lyrics. If there's one thing that pops into my mind in this album for lyrics, it's definitely the song "Story of my Life". That song is one of my favorite, if not best song I've heard in a long time. The lyrics can relate to many people out there. It's just very well written and Mike Ness knows how to carry the song with passion. His voice is a one of a kind no doubt. One thing I noticed is that his voice seems to have stayed the same throughout all the albums because it sounds almost the same when he sang "Reach For The Sky" on Social D's most recent album.

Well comparing to my other albums, it's above most of them. Social D may not be technical but they sure make great music. It's not about how fast you can play, it's about the attitude, the energy, the passion, all the good stuff. Social D knows how to manage all that in this album. The most impressive songs in my opinion is "Story Of My Life", "Sick Boy", "Ball And Chain", and "Ring Of Fire". But overall they're all great songs. If there's one thing I hate about the album, it's that they could have had maybe a couple faster songs. But that's just something I would like, not really necesary. If someone stole this album or if I lost it, I would definitely buy it again.