Figure Number Five review by Soilwork

• Released: May 6, 2003
Soilwork: Figure Number Five

Definite similarities to Rammstein except they sing in english and are not really industrial. They have their own unique style of crunching metal tunes mixed with a bit of keyboard(not really that noticable in most songs) AND yes you metal heads there are solos.

The singer switches between heavy and light vocals which blend suprisingly well. The lyrics don't sound out of place what so ever and seem perfect. Dunno if you guys have ever heard those lesbian russian pop singers tatu or effiel 65 a few years back but thats wht the keyboard sounds like in some songs eg 'Departure Plan' a great song from the album which shows this.

In the top 10 of albums of 2003. This album does not disappoint, if you are fans of bands like Deftones, Megadeth, Korn, Disturbed and Metallica you may very well enjoy this album. They remind me of scandinavian metal bands such as Stratovarius(Speed of Light, Check this song out, fast or what) but alot heavier. I have checked out previous albums by them and this album is a defeinite evolution of the band less heavy vocally and creating some great songs with guitar. 'Rejection Role' by Soilwork made me a believer and I didn't make a mistake buying the 'Figure Number Five' album. Not like these crappy bands like slipknot, mudvayne and manson. These guys have real talent, dunno if they've made it in the US but they have toured Europe in 2003.

simba_product
    you weird, they are my favourite band and they sound nothing like Rammstein or Stratovarius