Stabbing The Drama review by Soilwork

• Released: Mar 8, 2005
Soilwork: Stabbing The Drama

Soilwork is an amazing band. Except of figure number five, I love every second of whatever they do. This album is fantastic. I love the guitars, except some of the solos, like the one the title track, but the riffs kick ass. Speed's vocals are better than ever. And with Dirk Verbeuren they've got probably one of the best metal drummers ever. Except for Vinnie Paul Abbot (pantera) I've never heard such impressive double-bass drumming. Jaw-dropping. And he is also a drummer that has his own sound, which most metaldrummers doesn't. I prefer him to overrated Dave Lombardo anytime.

The lyrics fit the music perfectly. Agressive and in-your-face. So does the vocals. Spedd is an amzing singer who use his voice in so many ways. Just listen to "Blind Eye Halo" and the title track. like Phil Anselmo, but with his own sound.

This is one of the best metal albums I own. Melodic without getting sappy, brutal without becoming just a massive chunk of sounds (much thanks to their drummer), and technical, without becoming one big show-off that only musicians enjoy. Almost as essential as Panteras "Cowboys From Hell" and "Vulgar Display Of Power." Anyone with the slightest intersest in metal: check this out!

Burning_Angel
    You want good double bass drumming? listen to Amon Amarth. Obscene amounts of double bass in every song (I think...).
    Burning_Angel
    Colchester91 wrote: Just what does the phrase 'Stabbing the Drama' signify?
    I agree with the guy above. But does it have to mean anything? Music isnt meant to be taken seriously, and doesnt need to mean anything/have a message.
    Guitar Hurrican
    how can you not understand the significance behind stabbing the drama? its not all that complex colchester...think about it..ur a smart guy i'm sure you'll come up with something...furthurmore..i believe this album is incredible...awesome singer