Leaving Through The Window review by Something Corporate

• Released: May 7, 2002
Something Corporate: Leaving Through The Window

One of the most underrated bands out at the moment, these guys deserve to be one of the best bands in the world, this is their first major effort with Geffen, a label usually associated with teen rock bands, Something Corporate live up to this but also provide something for everyone. The best tracks for me are the pop-punk 'I Want To Save You', the piano driven 'Drunk Girl' and the beautiful ballad 'Globes And Maps'. The piano really compliments the way this band sounds and makes them different from anyone out there.

Andrew McMahon, lead singer and piano player extroadinaire has penned most of the lyrics, and he hsa done a superb job. This is on of the best albums I have ever heard about being a teenager and how to cope with it. Whether it's about being bullied ('If You See Jordan') or the trials of a relationship ('Hurricane') it's superbs from start to finish.

This is one of the best debut albums that has ben produced, you can tell these people really care about their music and have thought long and hard about which material to put on it, it works a treat. In my opinion, a band to look out for in the future.