Leaving Through The Window review by Something Corporate

• Released: May 7, 2002
Something Corporate: Leaving Through The Window

SoCo managed once again to get piano and guitar together and even some acoustic parts (You're Gone) to come up with an amazing touching sound matching just perfectly with the lyrics. The piano only songs (Cavanaugh Park, Globes & Maps) are just so beautifully written by Andrew McMahon that I'm considering learning piano to play them! The guitar for itself isn't impressive, the riffs are quite simple, no big solos too but their style just doesn't offer the occasions to throw in these kind of things. Fall is simply a masterpiece and proves that power chords can always do the job when the melodly is there!

The lyrics are not too deep and the slightly whining voice of McMahon is totally great. The main themes are frustration (If You C Jordan), hope (Good News), a girl that's feeling used in Straw Dog and so on. If you just get dumped by your girlfrien/boyfriend this is a good album to listen to.

Like some other reviewers written, this band is really underrated. None of my friends knew it but I introduced it to them and now they wanna see them live! I bought all of their albums and they are just as good. They really deserve it. If mine was scratched to death, eaten by a dog or lost I'd buy it all over again.