Echolalia review by Something for Kate

• Released: Sep 4, 2001
Something for Kate: Echolalia

'Echolalia' is an album with catchy, soft, alternative rock songs that when you've heard it once it will keep you coming back for more. Paul Dempsey on vocals and both electric and acoustic guitars, Stephanie Ashworth on bass and Clint Hyndman on drums have composed and crafted an inspiring album. Other musicals features are pianos and even samples; such as seagulls on 'Happy Endings'. There is definitely a smooth, eerie, easy, laid back sort of quality to this album. For some reason when I listen to this album, I'm reminded of beaches on a rainy morning. It's just the image produced in my mind.

The lyrics on this album are inspirational, imaginative and extremely beautiful. Paul Dempsey's ethereal voice fits along with the music virtually perfectly; it soothes and seems to relax you, almost like a lullaby. Definitely an album to curl up to if you're happy, sad or just need some time to yourself.

I love the whole feel of this album, as I've said before. I don't usually listen to music as soft like this, but it's refreshing a change from all the heavier sort of stuff I listen to. I adore all the songs on this album; though the one that drew me to buying it was 'Monsters' and it certainly is the most impressive song on the album. If this album were lost or stolen, I would not hesitate to buy another copy of Echolalia again.

white_oleander
    australian rock has faded to me to be honest but you bringing up monsters reminds me of how much i loved that song. they were great at big day out and i did love this album..my fav song of all time will be monsters thanks illy for this review..reminded me to re listen to this album. australian rock will live on..hopefully cog has a better future