Ticket Outta Loserville Review

artist: Son of Dork date: 01/16/2006 category: compact discs
Son of Dork: Ticket Outta Loserville
Release Date: Nov 22, 2005
Genres: Rock
A collection of melodic punk rock stormers, the album may be short on subtlety, but that is more than made up for by the sheer exuberance and energy of the songs, reminiscent of bands such as Busted and Blink 182.
 6.4
 8.4
 4.4
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Ticket Outta Loserville Reviewed by: littlesteph05, on january 06, 2006

Sound: From Busted to SOD (Son Of Dork) James has done really well. A whole set of new lyrics and an all great new sound. This new band has so much to offer to teenagers all over the world. Each song soounds so different. Every album has a slow depressing song and this one is no different. I love the sound of the guitar in each song. // 8

Lyrics: ok so the lyrics are not so different from the lyrics form busted, but they are so much better and more muture. The first single of the album "Ticket Outta Loserville" is a great start to the album, it's another one of thoses songs you can't help but sing along to, (or at least I think so). I love the instrmental intro to "Eddie's Song," I guess this is one of about playing around and not being aware of what could happen. When I heard "Little Things" all I can think about are chavs, but it's not really about chavs it dosen't have anything to have anything to do with them. The lyrics are fantasic, it's another album that gets you thinking about how much each song relates to you. This is one new talnet that can not be missed. // 9

Overall Impression: Compared to Busted, Son Of Dork is so much better. One of the most impressive songs on the album is "Ticket Outta Loserville." I love the song "Boyband" because it's so ture. Many people do quite their jobs to be in a band. I would defintily buy this album again if I was to lose it. It's a fantasic album and Busted, McFly or possibly Rooster fan will love this album. // 10

Ticket Outta Loserville Reviewed by: FeelinLuckyPUNK, on january 16, 2006

Sound: First Busted and now Son Of Dork, a new sound and a new band. James Bourne is certainly doing well for himself, the sole engineer of a pop sensation back in the day and now hoping to impress with his new band. The name 'Son of Dork' originates from one of the best movies ever made, Problem Child. Stolen from a chant of the same name 'Son Of Dork' is a fitting name to this band. The sound, although new to James Bourne, is very 'american'. One of those 'punk/pop' bands springs to mind when listening to this album. 'Welcome To Loserville' is an album full of melodic charm and catchy lyrics and wont fail to disappoint all those teen boppers outthere. 'Ticket Outta Loserville' is a catchy number that talks about being a loser who gets the girl, but is then dumped. Some of the songs are very well constructed although 'Little Things' is very Busted like and I feel doesnt really belong on the album especially if James wants Son of Dork to be taken seriously. The riff to 'Slacker' also instantly reminds me of the riff to 'Crashed The Wedding' and really takes the shine off a catchy record, sounds not as good as the Green Days and Blinks of this world, but better than Busted no doubt. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics to 'Welcome To Loserville' are very simple. But that is the thing with James Bourne and songwriting. The lyrics, yet simple flow perfectly with the melodies. 'Eddie's Song' is lyrically very good and portrays the rock star lifestyle incredibly well and 'Holly... I'm The One' is a good rendition of teenage anguish. Lyrically they are not bad but they are intended for younger audiences. // 7

Overall Impression: Comparing between albums in the same genre, 'Welcome To Loserville' doesn't compare with the likes of any Blink or Green Day album, this album is way way better than any Busted album but you wont get any street cred for buying it put it this way. The most impressive songs are 'Ticket Outta Loserville, Eddie's Song, Party's Over and Holly... In The One' which I'm assuming while all come out as singles sometime in the near future. I love the catchy melodies but hate the simple teenage aimed lyrics. If I lost it I probably wouldnt buy it again simple because I have made backups of it. // 8

Comments