Ecliptica review by Sonata Arctica

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Sonata Arctica: Ecliptica

This is and always will be my favorite Sonata Arctica release. When it kicks off with the solo drums of Blank file I knew I was in for some great melodic European power metal. The album in my opinion has the right balance between slow songs e.g. Letter to Dana, Replica and Mary Lou and the fast 8th Commandment, Picturing the Past, Kingdom For a Heart. The other thing I really like about this album is the sound Jani gets fromm his guitar.

On Ecliptica I don't think I can find any fault in Kakko's Vocals. He is up there with my favorite vocalists (Russel Allen Etc). I think that Kakko is one of the most talented singers in the power metal genre and you just have to give this record a listen and you might see why. The song with my favorite vocals off this album is Fullmoon, I especially like the high part in the chorus.

I think this is one of the greatest power metal albums out there and would recommend this to anyone who is getting into metal or is someone who is all ready into the genre as you wont be let down! My favorite song off the album would have to be Kingdom for a Heart or Fullmoon, I especially like the triplet feel in the verse and the chorus to this song makes me fell extremely happy! If this was lost/stolen of course I'd buy it again.

BringerOfThrash
    Whoever wrote this review needs to be shot. This album is great. and the songs have tons of diversity. They didn't freakin' talk down on MCR's CD's and they suck so bad its not funny. UG, this is not funny.
    Scoobs Jew
    Definitely Sonata Arctica's best album and I doubt they're going to top it. Also...
    mr_sandman wrote: =)
    I second that; nice comment.
    Wartooth
    how can anyone hate this album!? Its just so epic and every song is awesome! I love it so much. This album is unbelieveably happy and very well composed. Its the best devut of all time IMO! Evan AKA rudebitz is so awesome for showing me this sexy album!
    sinForge xJp
    I like how no one specifically mentioned the G# he hits at the climax of Destruction Preventer... most intense vocal moment on any album I own.