For The Sake Of Revenge [DVD] review by Sonata Arctica

• Released: Apr 4, 2006
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Sonata Arctica: For The Sake Of Revenge [DVD]

This DVD contains the concert Recorded at Shibuya (Tokyo) in Japan on February 5th 2005, during the Reckoning Night World Tour. It is the first DVD for Sonata Arctica. The concert is energetic and dragging, as it mentions Sonata's most famous songs, such as "The Cage", "Black sheep", "San Sebastian". It besides ranges from the first album "Ecliptica" to the last "Reckoning Night". The band is dragging, Tony Kakko, as frontman, does an excellent work in singing, talking to the audience and drag and entertain fans. Jani and Henkka are a perfect duo, sharing solos and flashlight. The rhytmic session, with Marko and Tommy is strong and flawless.

Content — 8
As already said, the song list goes from "Ecliptica" to "Reckoning Night". The DVD, which as a very catchy interface, contains a detailed bio for each member and some extra content named "The Men of the North in the Land of Rising Sun". This last part is funny, showing band's arrival and goofing around (with an high alchoolic rate) and it is a good occasion to now better each member temper. The best part of the extra are the pre and post show moments, showing tricks and rituals each member follows before a live show (i.e. Jani and Tommy warm themselves up, tony does scales).

Production Quality — 9
The production od this DVD is totally flawless. Even sound quality is perfect. Very good for a live show. The production is very accurate, and it tried to offer a product of easy usage (thanks to the catchy interface) and high quality both in images and sounds.

Overall "For The Sake Of Revenge" is a very good product. It could be better done in the extras section, but to be a first DVD is always difficult! I like this DVD because it shows Sonata both in the live show and in real life, their relationship with other members and persons of the crew. I've a copy of this DVD I see very often, and I would for sure buy again if it was stolen or lost.

Jester.Race
    In the first review, what the **** does dragging mean? If one were to say a band dragged, I'd see that as a bad thing...
    Jester.Race
    Hahaha, I apologize, I thought you might be a foriegn English speaker, but other than that error, everything else was fine. **** was F-U-C-K, which is an expletive that means, well, anything.
    Jester.Race
    Also, that use of the word drag is not commonly known, and this is the first time I have ever heard it used as such, so try a different word for future reference. Sorry for coming off so abbrasively about your english skills, other than that it was very good.
    Esparcia
    anyway.. about the dvd, IT ROCKS nice review! about the crowd thats singing along (maybe out of key..) but it always gives a nice feel in my opinion
    Esti_Sonata
    I have the DVD and the only thing I dislike is when Jani or Henka are playing solos the camera dont show them very well.
    NWOBHM2006
    sonata arctica owns again! i prefer their older stuff but they definetly rule power metal
    Cam'sGuitarSolo
    Lol, 4 Years after the last comment (Now) I'm going to say how F***ing Awesome It is. And Yeah, I Agree With Esti_SOnata that They truly rule Power Metal \m/(Sonata Arctica)\m/.
    Nemesis 2
    Right from the dictionary: to involve, to partecipate. Sorry for my bad english. I'm not english, or american..
    Nemesis 2
    By the way Jester race, what does **** mean? I'm not the only one who speaks badly.