Prophecy review by Soulfly

• Released: Mar 29, 2004
Soulfly: Prophecy

The sound is great. From heavy metal to reggae/ska to tribal + Spanish guitar to pure agression, Prophecy's sound and variety is amazingly impressive. Max must have one of the greatest voices in rock today. But, after a while, slipping from metal into soft tribal beats in the same song (example: Mars, In the Meantime, Porrada), can get just a little annoying when you're in a mood to smash something. If you're not in a destructive mood, the transitions are fine and won't be so annoying. Anyway, the sound is really great, overall.

The lyrics are totally metal style and I love it. Max can scream and sound wonderful doing it. He talks a lot about about God on this record, but it's not so bad. It's actually pretty cool that he can express his feelings freely. The lyrics totally match the music perfectly.

Prophecy is definately worth buying. I love the fact that Max is not afraid to express his religious beliefs and I love the fact that Soulfly aren't afraid to musically mix it up with different musical genres. Prophecy is a great CD for the summer.