A-Sides review by Soundgarden

• Released: Nov 4, 1997
Soundgarden: A-Sides

Before I bought this CD, I had only heard a couple songs by Soundgarden, and decided to check them out mostly because I was hoping they'd be like Audioslave, which Chris Cornell (Soundgarden vocalist) now fronts. They do have similarities, but Soundgarden is a little harder. They have some softer, slower songs, like Black Hole Sun and Burden In My Hand, but also have some harder stuff such as Ty Cobb and Jesus Christ Pose. I was impressed overall with the sound, as it had good guitar riffs and good vocals.

If you've listened to Audioslave, you already know that Chris Cornell is a gifted songwriter. The lyrics on this album are pretty deep and thought provoking and match well with the music. In addition to that, Chris Cornell probably has one of the best voices in rock today, and there's no exception here.

Overall, if you are an Audioslave fan or are just looking for something new and different to listen to, this is a good album. If you are a Soundgarden fan, this is good because it has all they're best songs on one album. Personally, my favorite songs are Outshined, Pretty Noose, Burden In My Hand, Blow up the Outside World, ok, I like them all! There is really nothing I don't like about this CD. I would definitely buy it again if I lost it, and I'm even looking into other Soundgarden CD's to buy.