Badmotorfinger review by Soundgarden

• Released: Jan 1, 1991
Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger

Ths album is a sonic force to be reckoned with. Cornell's vocal abilities combined with fuzzed out guitars, basslines and powerful drumming make this album devastating and inspiring all at the same time. In the early '90s Soundgarden, even with their handful of hit songs, were real grunge kings. During this time period, while most others were pushing along power ballads or having overnight dance music succeses, Soundgarden were the supreme beings of grunge music, and their third album proves this further.

Chris Conell's religious insights and intellectual lyrics move along nicely with the rhythm section. Whether he sings of being breaking away, being outshined, freedom, or jesus christ, the feeling of overcoming obstacles usually comes across.

Compared to it's most prominent pier, Pearl Jam's Ten, this album does much better as far as vocals, song structure, and overall talent. Rusty Cage, Outshined, Slaves and Bulldozers and Holy Water are among my favorites, but every song on the album is far better than anything else from their counterparts. I love the way the album flows along rampaging heavily through time at a nice pace, never too fast nor too slow. There's nothing I can say I dislike about this album, and I would definitley have to buy it again, but it's not like I would let anything happen to it.