Badmotorfinger review by Soundgarden

• Released: Jan 1, 1991
Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger

Personally I love Soundgarden, they should have been the grunge heroes of the early '90s, And this CD proves how Soundgarden should have been the heroes of grunge, not Nirvana. Chris, Matt, Kim etc. put the record together very well, with different mixes of music, from slaves and bulldozers to jesus christ pose to searching with my good eye closed! A very good mix of grunge metal which fits together to make one hell of an album, that got cancelled out by Nirvana's "Nevermind."

The lyrics vary from song to song, Cornell doesn't sing with the same voice twice, the lyrics just blew me away "And you stare at me in your Jesus Christ Pose, Arms held out, Like you've been carrying a load." Lyrics like that blew me away, Cornell is a real genius, and my favorite lyricist. Cornells voice fits in well with the drums, the bass, and guitar, he knows what note to hit his voice out, Cornell is just a pure Genius, without him I don't like I'd be into metal/grunge, I'd be liking that MC crap if it wasn't for Cornell, thanks Chris.

This is the best grunge album ever in my opinion, beating out rivals like Pearl Jam's "Ten", Nirvana's "Nevermind" And Alice in Chains "Dirt", And the best grunge song of all time "Jesus Christ Pose" Destroys All other grunge! My Favorite songs off the album are "Outshined," "Slaves And Bulldozers," "Face Pollution," "Rusty Cage" and the all time Classic "Jesus Christ Pose" (what a song). I love everything about this album, the riffs, the vocals, the complex drum beats, everything is amazing. There is nothing bad about it, apart from the artwork on the front, I'm not too keen on that, but oh well, Its still a belter album. If it was stolen, I would be right down to HMV even if it's midnight and buy it, I can't live without this CD.

SoundofSeattle
    i always found the single outshined so ironic in light of this album, they way it was 'cancelled out by nirvana's nevermind'