Badmotorfinger review by Soundgarden

• Released: Jan 1, 1991
Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger

When I hear this album, I said to myself, "Wow, they must have been really high when they wrote it.". Witch is pretty cool. It's a calm record that has a few upbeat songs. I listen to this album when I sleep, or when I'm angry I'll listen to slayer, or some other thrash band, then this to calm myself down. The sound of it is very low tuned but not like the nu-metal low tuned. it's only dropped 1 step with E at D flat.

I love the lyrics. I was suprised at what the songs were about, and how Chris Cornell sang them. The lyrics to with the music very well. The music is slow sad kind of music, so are the lyrics. Like in "Outshined" He sings "I'm lookin' California/But feelin' Minasota." It's just awesome. I could go on and on about how Chris sings, But for times sake, I'm going to say he's a damn god singer.

This is the only soundgarden album I own, But I have heard a few others. I think superunkown is probably the better album. But it sounds to me like he uses weird tunings on most of the songs. I first got this album for learning on guitar, but now I use it to relax, and I think that if your getting it for guitar work, get superunknown, but it's your choice. I think the most impressive song on this album is 'New Damage'. It's an epic. But most of the songs on this album are made to be like epic songs. Most of the riffs are very heavy like in 'Outshined' and 'Rusty Cage'. This album remains my favorite grunge album. If this album were stolen or lost I would rent it from my library again. If I had bought it I would have bought something else because I feel the need to have more influences. If I were to buy something else it would be blues, not grunge. But anyway, the whole album is awesome.

montressor
    this was the album that featured the ultimate vocal power of cornell especially on slaves and bulldozers and jesus christ pose..... hey kurt cobain and chris cornell should not be compared to each other.. as far as i know.. i saw a picture of chris wearing a nirvana tshirt and kurt stating he was a big fan of soundgarden...
    con job
    mitch311 wrote: I love this album ,but saying it's better then nirvanas albums is a bit extreme. If you actually listen to nirvana, you'll realize while they're rated number 1 grunge.
    I only have one album from both bands but I gotta say i prefer Soundgarden. It's just that little more mature than Nirvanas
    con job
    Nah, I completely disagree. Some of Cornells lyrics in Soundagrden were good, but his solo albums lyrics beat Cobain any day. As for Badmotorfinger, got it yesterday and it FUCKIN rocks
    Battery Chicken
    This album was way ahead of it's time, if it were released these days it would've done way better but people just didn't get it in '91.
    mitch311
    StringsofBlack
    Sorry Kurt's self depravity and tongue in cheek lyrics blow Chris Cornell out of the water. Sorry guys. I mean Kurt sings "Throw down your umbilical noose, so i can climb right back." It's a perfect description of maternal bondage of sons. I love Chris Cornell (mostly because of his voice) but Kurt has him beat.
    bassplayer496
    bassplayer496
    And by the way, I agree with Rage against the machine Rocha, Jesus Christ Pose is in my opinion the best song by any grunge band ever, one of my all time favorites. ~Love, Dallas~
    sevenchurches
    "I can't decide between this and superunknown, and they both beat nevermind. I'm sure this will be unpopular, but I think Nirvana might be the most overrated band of all time. Grunge bands like Soundgarden, AIC, and Pearl Jam are all a lot better. What I love about Soundgarden is that they may be called grunge, but they're more metal to me. Same with AIC ~Love, Dallas~" Yeah but dude, those bands are great but at the same time they're as popular if not more opular than Nirvana. Try Mudhoney, Screaming Trees and Temple of the Dog and then perhaps your comment will be validated