Badmotorfinger review by Soundgarden

• Released: Jan 1, 1991
Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger

This is one hell of an album by the legendary Seattle rock band Soundgarden. It's deadly guitar attack, fierce drum beats, impeccable vocals, and vivace bass lines make it one if not the best album of the 90's. If you like any of Soundgarden's work and haven't heard this record, then you should test drive it immediately and hopefully wont be disappointed. This album also marks bassist Ben Shepard's first studio outing with the band, as Hiro Yamamoto had left. It is also their 2nd release on major label A&M as well. This is a total grungy, deep, heavy album that rocks on all levels. Quite wonderful, bada-s work.

The lyrics on this album are great and feature many great verses and choruses and are instantly singable and easy to rock out with. The lyrics seem to fit perfectly with each accompanying song as well, making it an awesome listen. Chris Cornell is a f--king genius at singing, high or low Chris can do it.

This compares very well to other Soundgarden albums, it has certainly a nice touch from "Louder Than Love" that adds to its heaviness and points in the direction of "Superunknown" as well. The most impressive songs on the album I would say IMO are: "Rusty Cage", "Outshined", "Slaves & Bulldozers", "Jesus Christ Pose", "Face Pollution", "Somewhere", "Searching With My Good Eye Closed", "Mind Riot", and "Drawing Flies". I love it's heaviness, shrill and fast guitar solos, bass playing, and it's insane vocals. I don't hate anything about it really. If it were stolen or lost, I'd sure as f--k buy it immediately again.