Louder Than Love review by Soundgarden

• Released: Sep 5, 1989
Soundgarden: Louder Than Love

This is where grunge really started to take off. And as always, Soundgarden is right on top of the genre. The album was recorded in 1989 but it sounds absolutely nothing like something that came from the '80s. The guitars are great (thank you Kim Thayil) and Cornell's voice, although different due to this being their first album, is still fantastic. This Soundgarden is a bit different and more experimental, but it's definately something you should buy. You can clearly hear how some of today's greatest bands are influenced by Soundgarden. Cornell & Thayil's brilliant and often times strange song writing abilities can be heard in bands such as System Of A Down and Tool.

I always thought Cornell's lyrics to be very well thought out, and full of nothing but meaning and diversity. This album is no exception. In fact, I would dare say that this album is Soundgarden's deepest ever made.

This album was the only one missing from my Soundgarden collection. I now have all of their albums. This one was a bit hard to find, as was 'Down On The Upside'. The ones you see most often in the stores are 'Superunknown' and 'Badmotorfinger' since they were their best selling ones and the ones that really defined them as a band. But I can honestly tell you, that any fan of this kind of music (grunge, rock, metal) would be foolish to pass up the oppertunity to own a great album like this. Go buy it.

SuperPhunTime
    This isn' their first album by the way. Ultramega OK came out in 1988. And their EP in 1987. So this is their second full-length album.
    aycebmike
    I love this album, but I'm not sure how anyone could possibly mistake chris cornell's lyrics as being meaningful and/or deep. More like, insane.
    montressor
    i always admire chris cornell's voal power ever since i heard him sing for soundgarden... this album featured him showcasing his talent on songs like GUN, I AWAKE
    jimivancobain
    ^ good point. he also likes to poke fun at stuff at times like on U-Ok's 665 and 667, and on big dumb sex
    noisewall11
    fenderdude0071 wrote: ummm dude HardAttack this inst there first album ultramega ok is
    thank you. oh and hands all over FTW..