Wiretap Scars review by Sparta

• Released: Aug 13, 2002
Sparta: Wiretap Scars

When I first heard the single: Cut Your Ribbon, my first impression was a catchy song, with good a beat and strong melody, but the vocals didn't really sound great, as I listened longer I got used to his voice and the style of singing, the style is new aged punk, they compare to many of the new age screamo punk bands with a melodic edge. They have very strong instrumentation. Great sound.

The lyrics are fairly catchy, a effective. The words work with the bands music stylings. The writings aren't as good as a comparative band like Thursday but they are decent. The singer has a different voice and the vocals aren't anything you've heard before. I warmed up to the singing quickly and, listened to them as often as I could.

It is a great cd compared to early recordings I had heard before. They have developed their sound and found this CD a great way to occupy my first week of summer. I dove into the recording and found that the song, Cut Your Ribbon, is my favourite song on the album. The catchy chorusses and talented instrumentation is what helped me make the decision on buying the album. If I had lost it I would probably buy it again, because it is a solid album and it was extremely cheap, $9 canadian. I recommend this album if you like bands like Thursday, or AFI, or any edgey punk music.