Wiretap Scars review by Sparta

• Released: Aug 13, 2002
Sparta: Wiretap Scars

The sound of this band is awesome. It has a real garage-band feel to it which promotes their unique style of music. I'd call their genre a mix between punk, alternative and rock. I love how their songs have soft mellow verses and a second later they're screaming into the mic with full distortion.

The lyrics, like most other garage-ish bands have pretty deep meaning and the way they convey the meanings fits really well. Their singer is great. He can go from a soothing tune to yelling his lungs out and back again. He's got a really distinctive voice too, so when you hear a new Sparta song on the radio you know it's them straight away.

They definately measure up to other bands, but they also raise the bar in their unique style. The best songs on the album by far ar "Cut Your Ribbon" and "Air." The only criticism I have for the album is that they made a few really good songs, but put a half-hearted effort into the rest. You really notice the difference between the good and bad on this album. If it were stolen, I would put a claim in for insurance but if I didn't have insurance, I'd buy it again. Good album overall.